Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Investigate

Area of Interaction: Community and Service , Approaches to Learning & Human Ingenuity
Significant Concept: Design Cycle can be used to solve problems
Unit Question: How can my learning help my community? How do I make Sound Choices?
My learning will be used help improve my community by expanding the knowledge of those around me and putting my ideas to work. I will teach the 6th graders what the design cycle is and how it is used. I will do this by creating a song or a music video to help others understand or learn what i'm trying to teach.
INVESTIGATE: (Write in complete sentences) Identify the Problem
1. What is the problem you need to solve? Explain to a 6th grader what the design cycle is all about by creating a presentation. (3d, PPT, movie, game, Poster)
We need to be able to explain what the design cycle is to a 6th grader in terms they will understand. By the end of us teaching them, they should know what the design cycle is and how to properly use it.
2. How does the Design Cycle apply to the real world?
The design cycle applies to the real world because by using this process we can teach others and fix problems that arise in our every day lives.
3. How will this project serve my community?
This project will help my community because it will show the 6th graders how to use the design cycle to come up with solutions to problems they might encounter  as they continue to get older.
4. How can my learning help my community?
My learning this can help my community because i can some up with solutions to problems and i can teach others to do so as well. 
5. How do we live in relation to each other?
we live as an idea college prep school and community and as a community we are to help eachother solve problems and put new ideas to work. 
6. How does this help others?
this helps others by getting their problems fixed as well as possibly learning the design cycle. 
7. What are the requirements for this assignment?


8. What is the Design Cycle?
REFLECT on your learning.
Day 2
9. Spend one day experimenting with DESIGN CYCLE your presentation. List five things your learned about the Design Cycle:

No comments:

Post a Comment